Triangle Physiotherapy promotes active treatment programs that emphasize exercise & functional activities & encourage client participation & independence.
What is physiotherapy?
- Physiotherapy is used to help people affected by injury, illness, or disability through movement, exercise, manual therapy, education and advice.
- At Triangle, we like to work in partnership with our patients to help them recover and stay well.
- Our physiotherapists at Triangle practice science based methods, which take on a “whole person” approach focusing strictly on health and wellbeing of the patient. At Triangle we use advanced techniques along with evidence based care. The utilization of these skills allows our physiotherapists to assess, diagnose, treat, and prevent a wide range of health conditions and movement disorders.
Why choose physiotherapy?
- All people can benefit through physiotherapy at some point in their lives. It is widely known that physiotherapists treat injuries, increasingly people are now seeking physiotherapy out to take back control of their health and wellness.
- Triangle Physiotherapy promotes active treatment programs that emphasize exercise & functional activities & encourage client participation & independence.
- Our Physiotherapists combine “hands-on” manual therapy techniques, electro-therapeutic modalities, and exercise programs to treat various conditions including:
- Strains & sprains
- Everyday aches & pains
- Back Pain
- Pre & Post Surgical Rehabilitation
- Rotator cuff injury
- Tension Headaches
- Tennis/golfers elbow
- Shin splints
- Postural Dysfunction
- TMJ disorder
- Carpal tunnel Syndrome
- Pelvic Floor conditions like incontinence
- Vestibular conditions like vertigo
What is a physiotherapy session like?
- Every visit is unique, just like our patients and their health conditions. A typical physio session may include:
- A full assessment and diagnosis to the patients specific condition(s) and need(s).
- Working along with the patient to set and establish goals—whether it may be attaining mobility, independence, or getting back to playing a sport of their choice.
- Developing a treatment and/or prevention plan that will take into account lifestyle, activities, and general health.
- The prescription of braces and exercise as required.
Does physiotherapy hurt?
- In general, physiotherapy should not hurt. Although, the first initial sessions certain stretches and exercises may cause a slight discomfort. Every person has a different pain tolerance so experience may vary.
Does physiotherapy have side effects?
- In the vast majority of cases physiotherapy has been revered as extremely effective. Reasearch suggests that physiotherapy significantly improves the rehabilitation and recovery of most conditions, as well as being instrumental in the prevention of further injury. Physiotherapy often forms an integral part of a patient’s treatment plan and can be a means of relaxation and an indicator of individual process.
Do you need a doctors referral?
- No you do not need a doctors referral since physiotherapy is considered primary care. However based upon your condition we may suggest that you consult a doctor for their opinion or to get further tests done. Also, you may want to call your insurance to find out if they need a referral to reimburse you for your physiotherapy treatments.
What should you wear?
- We recommend loose fitting clothing so it is more easy to expose the area that our physiotherapist will be evaluating and treating such as a tanktop for a shoulder injury, or a pair of shorts in the case of a knee problem.
How long are the sessions?
- Treatment sessions last normally 30 to 90 minutes per visit.
How many visits do you need?
- The number of visits can be highly variable depending on your condition. You may need one visit or you may need months of care. It ultimately depends on the physiotherapist's assessment and diagnosis, the severity of your impairments, your past medical history, etc.
What should I do after my treatments?
- Depending on the condition, some patients will need to do a continuation of at-home exercises. Some patients may choose to continue with a gym excercise program. Others will complete their rehabilitation and return to normal every day activities. It is highly important you speak toyour physiotherapist at Triangle, exactly what your goals are so we can help develop a custom program, tailored for you.
If you are interested or still have any queries about physiotherapy and what our physiotherapists can do for you, contact us at Triangle Physiotherapy. Triangle Physiotherapy has five convenient locations: Etobicoke, Oakville, Mississauga, North York, Yonge Street (Toronto), and King West. At Triangle, we follow a no-waiting policy and our team is comprised of professionals who love what they do. Our staff will ensure that you have a safe and comfortable recovery while in their care, and will do their best to help you get your life back on track.
For more information on our services, contact: email@example.com.