Testicular and Penile Pain is the presence of pain or discomfort in the testicles or penis which may vary from mild to severe and constant or intermittent.
Causes of Testicular and Penile Pain
- Trauma to the testicles or penis usually from sports-related injury
- Testicular Torsion happens when the testicle rotates which can twist the spermatic cord
- Epididymitis is the inflammation of the Epididymis
- Orchitis (inflammation of the testicles) and Prostatitis (inflammation of the prostate gland)
- Urinary Tract Infections
- Peyronie’s disease which is characterized by the development of fibrous plaques in the penis
Pelvic Physiotherapy for Testicular and Penile Pain
- Manual therapy to help address muscle imbalances and pelvic floor muscle tightness, which helps decrease tension and alleviate pain.
- Pelvic floor muscle Strengthening and coordination exercises
- Relaxation techniques may be beneficial for the reduction of muscle tension in the pelvic area
- Education on proper posture and body mechanics.
- Lifestyle modifications
- Biofeedback provides muscle contractions feedback and helps and guide you in optimizing the function of your pelvic floor muscles
What are the red flags for testicular pain?
The red flags for testicular pain are:
- Sudden onset of pain
- A high riding, horizontally displaced testis
When should I worry about testicle pain?
See a doctor immediately if you have:
Sudden, severe testicle pain, pain accompanied by nausea, fever, chills or blood in your urine.
How can I find a pelvic health physiotherapist near me?
We have 8 locations with pelvic health physiotherapists to help you. Click here to book an appointment.