Orthotics are devices that provide support or correct the function of a limb or the torso. Orthotics can decrease pain, not only in the foot, but in other parts of the body that suffer from conditions such as:
- Lower back
Wearing orthotics reduce the risk of injuries. They can also increase stability in an unstable joint, prevent a deformed foot from developing additional problems, and improve quality of life overall through ease of comfort.
HOW ARE CUSTOM ORTHOTICS MADE?
- A foot evaluation is made at specialized clinics, by taking measurements and properly checking the height of your arch.
- After each foot is evaluated thoroughly, the moulding process begins by using a unique rapid impression bath.
- Once completed, the physical production of your foot is created by a rapid drying liquid plaster.
- Once the plaster is dried it is filed down to the exact proportions of your feet. Then the application of multiple layers of temperature-sensitive plastic will be vacuum formed and repeated several times to reach the desired thickness and density.
- Finally we trim off all excess materials and re-heat the orthotics again to exactly fit the shoe (or shoes) and then sanded down and fitted onto the client.
This custom service is provided at all our locations in Canada by a footwear specialist.
WHY CHOOSE TRIANGLE PHYSIOTHERAPY FOR YOUR CUSTOM ORTHOTICS?
We are working with the TOG GaitScanTM system, which is the most technologically advanced gait analysis system available and it has been designed to move you to the forefront of orthotic therapy healthcare and patient education through foot care solutions.
For more information on our services, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.