Neck pain has become a very common condition since the advent of smart phones & people working long hours at a desk on a computer.
The neck has a complex structure & neck pain is one of the symptoms of cervical spine dysfunction. Other symptoms of this condition include:
- Pain radiating into the shoulder, arm, hand, or in between the shoulder blades
- Numbness or tingling in the arm and hand
- Decreased range of motion in the neck and shoulders
What are the most common causes of neck pain?
- Prolonged postures: e.g. using a computer or falling asleep in an awkward position, holding a child
- Motor vehicle accidents & whiplash
- Pinched nerves
- Injuries to intervertebral discs
- Wry Neck
- Abnormalities in the muscle, bone, nervous, or circulatory structure of the neck
Can a physiotherapist, chiropractor or a massage therapist help with neck pain?
Our team of practitioners can do an assessment & determine the root cause of your pain. Once that is established, a treatment plan is devised to best help you recover & prevent it from happening again.
Treatments can include:
- Mobilisation or manipulation of the joints.
- Exercise prescription
- Postural correction & education
- Soft-tissue release
- Massage therapy
- Recommendations for a better pillow
If you are experiencing neck pain, book an appointment with one of our experienced practitioners.